If you are physically off-campus while scheduling an exam (e.g., at your apartment, at a coffee shop, at your parents’ house) or are otherwise NOT using CSU WiFi you will need to log in through the CSU Secure Network and the DUO dual authentication system.
What is Duo
Duo is a two factor authentication system CSU uses to better protect your information when you are accessing secure campus systems from off-campus. You will be required to use a device that you have registered with Duo to provide an additional layer of security to your account. This is done by using the Duo Security app (on your smartphone) and receiving a push authentication request, or through a phone call or entering a generated code.
Setting up Duo
You need to regiser at least one device with Duo. You can register any of these devices:
- Your Smartphone (Recommended): You will need to download the Duo mobile app from your phone’s app store. This method will allow Duo to push a message to your phone where you can verify your identity by pressing on the green checkmark presented. You can also generate a six-digit code using the Duo App that can be entered as a validation of your identity.
- Any Phone Number: You can register your cell phone, desk phone, home phone, etc. and the system will call you to validate your identity.
- A hardware token: These can be purchased from RamTech for $23.75 and will generate a six-digit code that you can use.
Duo User Guides:
- Enroll in Two Factor Authentication
- Register and Activate Mobile App
- Use Mobile Authentication
- Register a Phone Number
- Using Duo to Call a Phone Number
- Using Hardware Tokens (Key FOB)
For further assistance setting up or using Duo please contact the help desk located on the first floor of the Morgan Library by phone at 970-491-7276 or my email at email@example.com